Researcher and engineer with a Ph.D. in Operations Research from Politecnico di Milano. After my academic stint, I joined a small university spin-off (fittingly named KKT) that was later acquired by Verizon Connect. A few years ago I’ve also been an intern at Google, where I worked with the team behind Google Flights.
Currently based in Italy .
I’m interested in machine learning and mathematical optimization, with applications in logistics and transportation, energy, networks.
Some of the things I’ve worked on, in the past or more recently, are:
- Learning to extract semantics from video and IMU data, mainly applied to driver safety
- Data mining and machine learning on GPS data
- Hybrid methods for vehicle routing problems
- Integer programming formulations for Longest/Shortest Path problems
- Nonlinear planning and scheduling problems in energy networks, possibly with uncertainty
- Network routing problems with fairness constraints, arising in telecommunications network.
- Exact and heuristic methods to solve hard discrete optimization problems arising in data mining
Most of my articles can be found online following the links on Google Scholar (although they don’t always point to the latest available versions).